CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Why do I...

  • Bite my fingernails. It's a nasty habit I have had since I was little and I just can't ever seem to stop. Being a massage therapist, we are required to have short nails, but mine are shorter than short.
  • Always order different at every restaurant we eat at (or at least Steven says I do). I like being the adventurous one and adding some spice to my life I guess.
  • Love to sleep! Last night, I slept 10 hours and LOVED it. If I don't get a good night sleep, I am not a very pleasant person. I don't know what I'm going to do when we have kids. :-)
  • Talk my poor, innocent friends' ears off. Becca was so sweet to call me the other day and we were on for almost an hour with me going on and on about moving back to PC. Mandy and I played phone tag back and forth the other day until we finally got to talk a bit. Having friends that have kids is hard because I never want to call when they are so busy with crazy, wild kids. :-) j/k I don't want to be a pain, but I am.
  • Really enjoy just being at home. I think I have always been a sort of home-body. When we were in Jacksonville, it was easy to stay at home because we didn't have much money to do things anyways. I love watching movies and chilling out with some popcorn or working on my scrapbooks. I've really gotten into cooking a lot more at home too because it's so much better for you and it costs so much less. (If only I could learn to love dishes!) Don't get me wrong, I love a great dinner out like we had the other night at Uncle Bubba's with Dad and John, but I end up paying for it later.
  • Miss my family so much. In my totally dominated conversation with Becca, I was telling her that when I have to leave them or they leave here, it feels like my whole insides ache and my heart just hurts. I try not to cry, but lately it doesn't always happen. When Steven and I were apart, I missed him so much especially on the day to day activities and such, but this is completely different. In college, I remember just sobbing down Hwy 231 driving out of PC. I got better living in Jax because we were able to see them about once a month, but now that Anna and Allan have moved there, it makes it that much worse. I try to be realistic about all of this because I know that they would all drive me completely crazy, but I miss the little things....breakfast over at Mom and Dad's before church, Lauren's days off were we could go shopping or get our nails done, lunch with Mandy while helping her with cleaning houses, Friday morning breakfast with Mom and Gran, having Auntie just stop by to chat and hang out, watching my wonderful nephew grow and change with each passing day and really get to know Lacy and John who don't even remember me being around for anything in there lives. It's so hard to believe that I've been gone for almost 10 years now.

I think I'll stop at that point before it gets SO completely sappy and sad. Sorry, it's been a really long week and I'm pooped. No more massages for me...until Monday. Lots of love~

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Why do you....
Always do wonderful things to make people feel good.
Always have a smile on your face, even if you are ready to kill someone.
Always have an open arm to give a hug.
Always know the perfect time to call and check on someone.

Alicia you are such a wonderful person with so many wonderful qualities. God knows what he is doing, you have to put it all in his hands. If you are suppose to be in Panama City in the future then you will be. For now, enjoy every day, and enjoy your quite time! Oh and enjoy that sleep I am Very Very jealous! We miss you bunches!