CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 7, 2008

Fourth of July, 2008- Branch style











Sorry that I haven't blogged in a bit. Our Mac crashed a few weeks ago and we had to get a new one. I don't even know where the pictures from Memorial Day are, hopefully they will show up somewhere. This year we were actually able to go to Panama City for the first time in 3 years because it fell on a Friday this year. :-) My parents have always thrown a HUGE cookout at their house on the water because you can see the city's firework show from the marina. There is never a formal invite and friends of friends end up showing up. This year, we counted about 90 people total. My mom cooks for about a week and dad worked on the house for 2 weeks. Auntie made 90 deviled eggs and we had a whole dinning room table full of desert. We always have a ton of leftover food, but Mom always freaks out about food. Mandy graciously and wonderfully had some great kids games planned and everyone had fun with water and she was soaked. I don't know exactly what they played because I did kitchen duty- refilling empty containers, greeting new people and trying to find a spot for what they brought and giving general directions for questions (which was more difficult than it sounds because I haven't lived there in almost 10 years). :-) It was nice seeing everyone and talking to people I hadn't seen in a while. The next day we went over to Shell Island on the boat and had a nice time in the pristine water and soft, white sand with Allan, Anna, Jimmy and Lauren. It was a very very quick weekend especially considering the 7-8 drive one way, but we're back to old routine and normalness of Pooler. Sigh- I miss my baby Jimmy already!

P.S. For more great, beautiful pictures of my awesome family and friends go to
http://www.flickr.com/photos/aliciadurrence/

0 comments: