CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, July 11, 2008

At home on a Friday...too much time to think and play on the Internet :-)








Steven is so
good with kids!






Summer time blues I guess. Weird weird day. Business has been hit and miss at work with the phone not ringing much because the housewives of Savannah are busy with kids at home, off their normal routine and lots of people on vacations. I have to work tomorrow which always "bothers" me because Steven is home and I like to spend time with him or do projects together (aka go shopping and spend lots of money together). Went to Sam's and Walmart, my two least favorite places in the world. I always spend too much money, waste too much time, the employees are rude and inconsiderate, and I hate waiting in long lines.
Been thinking a lot about babies again, dang it. I am going to be an aunt again in February which is exciting. I hope it's a girl so I can shower her with lots and lots of pink things. As I surfed the Internet this afternoon, every (halfway decent) show on was about babies. Sometimes I feel like I want to have kids just for all the cool "things" that come along with kids. I think about how happy and excited my parents would be as their oldest child has a kid, Steven's parents with their first and only grandkid, and Steven's grandma who loves babies and could possibly see the Durrence name carried on. I think about having stuff to talk about with other moms and all our neighbors. Cool toys...someone that is half me and half Steven...and there is nothing in the world like a baby smile and laughter. I know they grow up and throw up and keep you up all night. Screaming, temper tantrums and crying...teenagers, what can you do with them? Growing up in a family of seven and two bathrooms and three bedrooms, I always swore I never wanted to have kids. Then Steven came along. An only child married to an oldest kid of 5...very interesting to say the least. Steven and I are opposite in so many ways, but alike in a few as well, the more important ones. He thinks I'm a weird homeschooling freak who sings educational songs and songs from musicals with her siblings and I think he's a "spoiled" special, business analyst who will always be a kid in his parents eyes and doesn't like to share his toothpaste. :) Enough said...lol

3 comments:

MG said...

Doesn't share his toothpaste? I thought he was just like me and still running the toothbrush under the water just so you would THINK he had brushed his teeth. What does he need toothpaste for?

April said...

Alicia- we are so much alike it's not even funny. I totally forgot you were the oldest of the bunch.
We are both the oldest of ( you 5 me 6). Both were homeschooled, both met our husbands on the Internet and moved for them, and both married only children. And from what I've read our husbands even sound alike LOL We are both also having serious baby fever and I have been too thinking the same thoughts. We need to catch up on the phone sometime VERY soon!
Talk to you soon girl!

Allan Branch said...

Anna and I share a toothbrush when we go on vacation, I know, we're weird.