CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Things I love about Savannah...

Since I got a little emotional in my last blog, I decided to face reality head on and look at the positive sides to being located in Savannah.

  • Spending time with Steven's family. I love being able to see little Sarah grow up and I am looking forward to the twin boys making their arrival in November/December. We have gotten to know Lyndsey's sister Rebecca and her husband Richard better and "adapted" some of their friends as our own. :-) When Grandma Betty (Durrence) was getting her hair done in Savannah, I adored having lunch with her on Friday's when my schedule allowed. His Aunt Gigi and Uncle Danny have always been so supportive and generous and it was so nice having them close by when we were in Sunbury for dinners together and sharing Internet time. :-) The Tucker side of the family we are getting to know better and better especially with Steven working there now. They're some of my biggest fans of my blog! Hi Melanie, Megan and Aunt Gail!!!!! Love ya~
  • LESS TRAFFIC! My commute is cut in half from Jacksonville and I love it. We can get to downtown in @ 15 minutes from our house and @ 30 mins to the mall, but who needs to spend money anyways. :-) Walmart, Sams, Lowes and Home Depot are less than 5 mins away and Kroger is a 10 min drive.
  • The trees. The large draping oaks that line the streets of Savannah whisper tales of history going back to 1733. Their moss weighted branches cast a shadow of black coolness in these dog days of summer and I can see so many stories of romance and bravery etched in their gnarled trunks. If you can't tell, I'm a huge fan of history, writing and romance and the cobblestone streets, rustic iron works and horse drawn carriages are right up my ally. I'm hoping to head up to Charleston, SC sometime soon and absorb some history there too (it's @ 2 1/2 hours away).
  • My house. Our house layout is fantastic and the dogs enjoy the large yard tremendously. We're not big fans of yard work, but we do our best! We have so many plans that we'd like to do and hopefully, one day we can do. We still have some painting to do and curtains to get, but the four bedrooms allow Steven a Miami Dolphin crazed office/autograph room, a scrapbook/exercise room for me, a "guest room" with a wonderful king blow up mattress and our master bedroom. We have 500 more sq feet than we had in Jacksonville and it's great for all our "crap" with the addition of a great dining room suite from Steven's grandma Tucker.
  • Our neighborhood. We love all the trees that they left and the wonderful park right in the middle of the subdivision. We have a terrific pool which we hadn't used much, but we have started swimming almost ever night and it's AWESOME. We don't have the upkeep of a pool yet all the enjoyment. :-)
  • My job! I have never had a job that I have loved and now I do. Living day to day is so much more enjoyable when you don't dread everyday and are miserable at work after driving an hour one way. My bosses are so flexible, understanding and supportive and my co-workers are crazy and fun! I have taken advantage of getting my hair done, chemical peels monthly on my face and pedicures bi-weekly for free. :-) Don't get too jealous now...lol

1 comments:

MelanieB said...

Well, I can say that I understand you missing all the day to day tidbits with your family. We take for granted here that we see each other all the time. And I'm afraid because of that, the Tuckers aren't always warm and fuzzy, probably because we either currently work together or have in the past....family business is an odd business but has its rewards.

I'm glad you are here now, and your description of Savannah is so accurate. I've always said, "Why in the world would someone want to come here for vacation?!" But when I've stepped back and really examined what we have: good food, history, beautiful downtown that can be walked with a really neat riverfront, a beach 20 miles away...no wonder people of all ages come here! Charleston is very cool like that, too. Parking is even worse there, though. Be prepared. Get some recommendations for restaurants from your hubby's coworkers before you go. There are some good ones. I like Vickery's and some little pizza place downtown..don't remember the name but Vince would.