CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 12, 2009

My busy week

When it rains, it pours. This saying is the foundation of the massage therapy business. You take clients whenever and however they come along. This week, I did a record amount of hot stone massages which I enjoy doing, but they make me sweat like crazy! :-) It's like a workout for me because the stones raise my body temperature so high and I keep the room nice a warm so my client doesn't get a chill during any point of the massage. If you have never had one of these massages, it's awesome! The only reason that they are not more popular is that they are so much more expensive than a regular massage. It's a nice treat every now and then and it's great on cold days when everything feels all tight and stressed out. I normally run about an hour and fifteen minutes and we charge $100 at Bloom. It seems like a lot, but once you get one, you understand why. It's a lot more work for the therapist in preparing the stones and then dumping the water and cleaning each stone. I did three hot stone massages on Tuesday, back to back to back. A first for me. I did another one on Saturday. It's a nice change from the regular massages. I was also able to do some outcalls (going to client's houses and massaging them) this week as well which is a nice addition. Mondays are my catch up days, so the laundry is been cleaned, dishes in the dish washer, groceries in the fridge and now I am procrastinating on starting to clean the house. Ugh~ and it is so pretty outside. Maybe I'll open the windows and enjoy the fresh air (or at least, air out the cleaning product potent odors). :-)

0 comments: