CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 11, 2008

Life changes....

Inspired by Melanie's latest blog, I started thinking about my life changes. She started off talking about seeing the seasonal changes, but growing up in Panama City, Florida we didn't see the nice transitional seasons of spring and fall. So abrupt, spontaneous decisions and changes were a mainstay in my life. On January 1st, 1999, this naive, small town girl loaded down her little Honda and moved onto bigger and better things in Atlanta, Georgia. I was sick and tired of small town living and thinking, a very very crowded house and a limited selection of eligible men. I embarked on this new adventure with Georgia as my number one option, but as option number two a small mountain top school in western Pennsylvania. Scary! I had already applied to several other schools and at Florida Gulf Coast University in Fort Myers, I had made the number one alternate. But everything works out for a reason.
In August of the same year, I met Steven online while he was going to school at UNF in Jacksonville. I was very lonely off at school by myself so I would talk to people online and I especially like the Christian chat rooms. One night, he was in there and his opening line was "Anyone from Florida?" So we started talking about Florida. I still have the notepad that I wrote his info down on, name, age, how many kids he wanted (3, 2 girls and 1 boy) and all the strange questions he asked me. LOL I don't remember the questions, but they are all very interesting and now make much more sense. We talked, emailed and chatted for 4 months until we "collided" in Jax. We definitely had some chemistry! :-)
Well, those two were the biggest, monumental changes in my life. Moving to Jax, buying a house and moving to Savannah, GA are a close second. I haven't lived in PC since I left in 1999 and Steven and I got engaged in May, 2001 and married in Oct, 2002. Hopefully, the next biggest change will be a baby. With every season comes change, good and bad. Everything works out for a reason!

3 comments:

Allan Branch said...

I'll lend you my monster anytime you want a toddler running around yanking things off tables, screaming for momma or juice, throwing my iphone across the floor, waking you up at 7am everyday and all the other usual destruction they bring. Sleep in and enjoy it before it happens.

MelanieB said...

I always wondered how you and Steven met. I knew it was online, but I wasn't sure of the details. That's really neat! Vince and I could talk all day and night about nothing when we first started dating...and actually we still can and do. Isn't it interesting how you meet the one for you and things just click?
I like your post. I feel like a baby for having all those things bother me, but I'm not sleeping from stress and hoping that saying these thoughts aloud will help...not sure that it did, because I stared at the ceiling last night...again. I'm so nervous about these classes, because they are the "weed-out" classes for medical school. I don't want to be weeded out.
So, bring on more history....it's a cool diversion.
Your baby will come, probably when you least expect it. And that has been my biggest life change, really, and I wouldn't change a day of it. I've been looking at pictures of them when they were little. They were SO CUTE!!!!! Robbie got tired of me teasing about how he smiled for pictures when he was little. I'd say, "Robbie, smile!" and he would squint his eyes and show his teeth with those little chipmunk cheeks...adorable!!! That child has always oozed cuteness.

MG said...

I hope you guys can have a baby as your next adventure too, BUT in the meantime, try to take advantage of all those "bonus" things you get to do when you don't have kids. Think... date nights, traveling, sleeping in, and the big one: spontaneity! All those things go out the window once you have kiddos... well, at least they take more planning once you have kids.