CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Sarah Wilkinson's Bridal Shower

Sarah Goodman, Lyndsey and Jonathan's daughter who will be two in a few months






Lyndsey was so sweet to host a bridal shower for Sarah a few weeks ago. Sarah Wilkinson is Jonathan's half sister's, half sister, but she is an intricate part of our "extended" family and has been apart of it a way lot longer than I have. She got married today (2.21.09) at 2 pm in Allenville, but Steven was on call and I worked so we weren't able to go. We know only a little about her groom, Jason Wynn, but we look forward to some get togethers soon because they will be living only a few minutes away from us. We wish them nothing but the very best in their new life together. :)
We haven't had a wedding a long time as most of our friends got married about the time that we did, but it got me thinking about our wedding. We've been married now 6 1/2 years and it seems like a lifetime ago full of changes and learning. I was almost 24 years old, yet looking back, I was so naive and unaware of just life in general. Marriage takes a lot of hard work, dedication, time, energy, love and selflessness. There are so many things I would have done differently with the wedding too, but many things that turned out awesome. Who would have thought that a last minute addition of a coffee bar would have been such a hit? Thanks Mom. Steven is my best friend and I know we are meant to be together forever, but I am definitely the yin to his yang. :-) If you had to give advice to a friend about marriage, what would it be? If you didn't like the person, he or she was going to marry would you tell them? If you could do your wedding all over again, what if anything would you change? Thanks y'all~

1 comments:

MelanieB said...

I would move that ugle gold tinsel Christmas tree from the center of the front of the chapel. It's in all our pictures! Other than that, it was a lovely day. I do have one other regret from that day, but it couldn't be helped. Oh, well. Spilt milk.

As long as you married your best friend, anything else that comes along can be fixed. That would be my only advice to give.